2014 Fall Conference
Christ Church announces our 2014 Fall Spiritual Life Conference, held on September 26-28, 2014.
This is our second Spiritual Life Conference, the purpose of which is to explore the effects of the Bible’s teaching on the daily life of the Christian. This year our topic is: “The Five Points of Calvinism and the Christian Life,” as presented by our speaker, Rev. Burke Parsons. Rev. Parsons is the co-pastor of St. Andrews Chapel in Sanford, Florida and is also involved with Ligonier Ministries, including being the editor of its monthly devotional magazine, Tabletalk.
There are five conference sessions: (1) Friday evening at 7 PM; (2) Saturday at 10:30 AM; (3) Saturday after lunch; (4) Sunday morning during our 9:45 AM Sunday school; and (5) Sunday morning during our 8:30 AM and 11 AM worship services. We invite you to come to as many sessions as you are able to! Between our two Saturday sessions there will be a catered lunch, which is free of charge (donations to defray the cost will be accepted). The details of the sessions are as follows:
1. Are We All God’s Children? (Romans 3:9–20) (Total Depravity)
Friday (9/26) evening at 7:00 PM
2. Does God Play Favorites? (Romans 9:1–24) (Unconditional Election)
Saturday (9/27) at 10:30 AM
Catered Lunch provided
3. Did Christ Die For the World? (1 John 2:2) (Limited Atonement)
Saturday (9/27) after lunch
4. Many Are Called, Few are Chosen (Ephesians 2:1–10) (Irresistible Grace)
Sunday school (9/28) at 9:45 AM
5. Who God Starts, He Finishes (Hebrews 12:1–17) (Perseverance of the Saints)
Sunday Morning Worship (9/28) at 8:30 AM & 11:00 AM