Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age. (Matthew 28:19-20)
At Christ Church, we desire to obey the command of our Lord Jesus Christ in taking the gospel to the world around us. We are to "make disciples of all nations," and follow the charter of the Church by being Jesus' "witnesses in Jerusalem [Local Missions] and in all Judea and Samaria [Regional Missions], and to the end of the earth [Foreign Missions]." (Acts 1:8) Because of this, we are involved in a variety of missions:
We support missionaries throughout the world, as they plant churches, train leaders, and bring the gospel. You can learn more about our foreign missionaries HERE.
Nate & Nikki Bonham – Columbia
Nick & Elise Bullock - Germany
Jamie & Jennifer Burkemper - Mexico
Joe & Felicity Congdon - Japan
Aaron & Rachel Halbert – Honduras
Tim and Cheri Hoke – Africa
Tim & Kristy Holliday – Mexico
Joshua & Gina Rieger – England
Dal & Beth Stanton – Bulgaria
Julian Zugg - MINTS
Kurt & Jill – Europe
John & Kelley Beth - South Asia
- Church Without Walls - developing relationships with individual Muslims and mosques, and holding Meetings for Better Understanding between Christians and Muslims, to share the gospel of Jesus Christ
- Gospel Reformation Network - cultivating healthy Reformed churches in the Presbyterian Church in America
- Reformed University Ministries - the PCA's campus ministry, including pastors located at the University of Houston and Rice University
- Reformed Theological Seminary Houston - a branch of seminary education located in Houston
- Short-Term Missions Trips - sending Christ Church members to the mission field for short impact trips, such as our Summer Missions Trips to Juarez and Reynosa and our 2018 Mission Trip to Peru.
- The Pregnancy Help Center of West Houston - ministering to the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the women and their extended families as they deal with the circumstances surrounding a present, potential or former pregnancy by sharing the truth and love of Jesus Christ
- Christ Clinic - a nonprofit charitable medical clinic serving the uninsured and underinsured population in the Katy/West Houston area
- Katy Home Savers Association (KHSA) - providing home repair and renovation services at no cost to low-income homeowners in need, such as the elderly, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people impacted by natural disasters.