We are excited to go on a short-term summer mission trip once again. This is a wonderful opportunity to visit a new place, meet Christians in another culture, and gain a greater knowledge and appreciation for Christian missions. The deadline for applications is this Sunday, March 12!
This Summer, Christ church will be going to Tegucigalpa, Honduras to meet with our missionaries the Halberts.
When is the trip?
- June 3-10, 2023
Who can go?
- Up to 13 members of Christ Church
- Age requirement: 16 and above. For minors, we require one parent to accompany the minor.
What will we be doing?
- Construction work, renovations to existing church building.
- Pairing with local outreach ministries in Tegucigalpa.
What is the Cost?
- $700/person (with a discount for additional family members)
What do I need to do?
- Attend our mission trip information meeting the Sunday School hour on Feb 26
- Fill out the Short-Term Mission Trip Application
- Attend team meetings before mission Trip
- Make sure your routine vaccinations are up to date. See what is recommended for Honduras here.
When can I sign up?
- Sign ups will begin on February 19
- Sign ups will be due on March 12
- A deposit will be required when you sign up
- Full payment must be given by April 3rd
- All applications must be approved by the Christ Church Session
Where will we stay?
- The Hotel Humuya Inn. Colonia Humuya #1150, Tegucigalpa, Honduras Central America
What do I need to know about Honduras?
- Honduras still has mask mandates for indoor spaces. Be prepared to bring and wear masks through the trip.
- Tegucigalpa is in the mountains and its elevations ranges from 3000-4800 feet. We will also be taking many drives through windy roads. Please be aware if you easily get road or elevation sickness.
- Modesty in clothing is expected in Honduras. Most people wear jeans daily.